Find Your Success Code
by Zig Ziglar
Read: 2017-11-27, Rating: 7/10.
Three Repeated Sentences:
- You are born to win, but to be the winner you were born to be, you have to plan to win and prepare to win; then and only then can you expect to win.
- You can change who you are, and what you are, by changing what goes into your mind.
- You can have everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.
Winning doesnt come without work, but focusing on the proven steps and processes to winning will allow the journey to be faster and a ton more fun.
Two works and a phrase
Identity and Hope
Will, Skill, and Refill
You can change who you are, and what you are, by changing what goes into your mind.
Hope is the catalyst that would get you started and encouragement keeps hope alive.
You are born to win, but to be the winner you were born to be, you have to plan to win and prepare to win. Then and only then can you expect to win.
When you finish listening to Born to Win, you will have the absolute best of the core principles and skills I’ve shared with people for the past 40 years.
Man was designed for accomplishment, engineered for success and endowed with the seeds of greatness.
Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. You have to want to do something badly enough before you have the slightest chance of doing it.
You need commitment to produce the focus and consistency you need to keep your eye on the target. Then you need perseverance to make it over the tough spots and setbacks.
In golf, if you take your eye off the ball, you will flub it, top it, slice it, hook it or maybe, miss it entirely.
Planning to win is the first step of the winning process.
- Success is knowing that you did a great job, when you closed the door of your office at the end of each work day, and head for home
- Success is having a home and people to love who love you in return
- Success is having the financial security to meet your obligations each month…
- Success is having the kind of faith that lets you know where to turn when there seems to be no place to turn
- Success is having an interest or hobby that gives you joy and peace
- Success is knowing who you are and whose you are
- Success is taking good care of you and waking up health each day
- Success is slipping under the covers at the end of the day and realizing with gratitude that it just doesn’t get much better than this
Wheel of Life Characteristics
You are what you are, and you are where you are, because of what has gone into your mind. But you can change what you are, and where you are, by changing what goes into your mind. The reason this is so, is because you generally do what you think. Your thinking drives your choices. Choices determine the action you take and action produces the results of your life. You can only think in ways consistent with the information you have in your mind. So to chance what you do, you have to change the way you think. And to think differently, you need to change what goes into your mind.
6 Reasons to Set Goals
- Goals bring the future into the present. And the present is the only time we can take action.
- If you don’t plan your time, someone else will help you waste it.
- People get twice as much done on the day before they go on vacation because they plan, set goals and prioritize what they intend to do. Thought: If you lived everyday like it was the day before vacation, how much would you be able to increase your total productivity of your life.
- Goal setters make more money than people who don’t set goals.
- Goals keep you focused on the things that really matter and help you avoid wasting time on things that are unproductive. Focus helps you change from a wandering generality to being a meaningful specific.
- Setting goals gives direction and purpose to all that you do. Goals are the links in the chain that connect activity to accomplishment.
When you get a strong enough Why, you can always find the How.
Why did you create your vision?
Remember: You can have everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.
When we make poor choices, our circumstances become worse. As our circumstances become worse, our choices become more limited. As our choices become more limited, the likelihood of making more bad choices is inevitable. On the other hand, when we make good choices, our circumstances improve. As our circumstances improve, we have better opportunities and better opportunities make it possible for everyone in our lives to become better. Once we begin to make certain types of choices, the likelihood of making similar choices in the future almost becomes a self-fulfilling destiny.
“People who take risks, are the people you lose against” – John Sculley
Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice.
Applied knowledge gives you the power to see past today’s challenges. This is why you have to feed your mind with the good, the clean, the pure, the powerful, and the positive. Having a positive attitude can make the difference between success and failure.
A positive attitude and personal motivation allow you to remain excited about what you are doing no matter how difficult the challenges may be from day to day.
7 Characteristics of Good Personal Coaches
- They have good character – the sum total of a person and is the result of the habits a person builds on a day to day basis. Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there. Good character makes a person dependable and trustworthy.
- They have a track record of success. Self proclaimed success is not a reliable measuring stick. People who are successful do not have to sell themselves that hard. You need to get to know someone pretty well before start to take their advice.
- They are good listeners. God gave us two years and one mouth for a reason.
- They are good decisions makers. Because they have acquired a great deal of wisdom. People who are good decision makers can help you develop the ability to test bad information and reject it. When you develop this ability, you too will become a good decision maker.
- They tell the truth, even when it hurts. Tell the truth and tell it ever, cost it what it will, for he who hides the wrong he did, does the wrong thing still. If a man finds out that your word is no good, he’ll know soon that neither are you.
- They have good personal relationships. Nothing says more about a person than the quality of the relationships they enjoy. You do not want an advisor who is miserable and self-centered. Look for people who have lots of good relationships because they probably care a lot about others and they will care about you too.
- They celebrate the success of others. They want others to be as successful as they were in overcoming adversity and problems.
Set aside time daily to be quiet and think.
When we are young and vigorous, we frequently take our good health for granted and believe we will never face serious illness, injury or some other debilitating condition.
Encouragement and hope are the two most powerful qualities any person can provide to others. They are the fuel of confidence and engine of positive thinking and attitude.
People who have hope think differently and act differently.
Hope is the engine of your attitude.
Your attitude determines your altitude.
Encouragement creates hope. Hope springs from the kind of encouragement to helps you believe that there is an opportunity for something better to happen.
“Failure is a detour, not a dead end street.”
“You can have everything in life you want, if you help just enough other people get what they want.”
“It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use, that makes a difference.”
“Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
“You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”
“If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.”
“Success is not a destination, it’s a journey.”
“Those who wait until all the lights are on green before starting will never leave home.”
“It your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.”
I believe the immigrant attitude is the best example I have of recognizing opportunity and it has to do with belief.
Bowling demonstrates the futility of worrying about results.
Have a direct, open, honest conversation with whoever is involved. Mindreading opens the door to unfounded speculation about the motives and intentions of others. And chances are: you will be wrong.
You don’t have to worry about results. If I’ve done the right thing everyday, I’m not even responsible for the results, I just get the benefit of what I do. And the benefits are usually better than I could have hoped for.
Like the bowler who has released the ball down the alley, you must learn there is nothing your worrying can do to change anything.
Motivation is not permanent.
Some things just need to be done regularly.
When a person, or a team, or a business, is characterized by negative thinking, they will always live down to their negative expectation.
Positive thinking will lift them to higher levels, as they live up to their positive expectations.
6 Principles of Performance
- We generally get from ourselves, and others, what we expect. You will either live up or down to your expectations.
- The difference between good and excellent companies is training. The only thing worse than training employees and losing then would be not training them and keep them. Think of training as practise and preparation.
- Companies that do not train their people and invest in their ability don’t last.
- You find what you look for in life. If you look for the good things in life, you will find them. If you look for opportunities to grow and prosper, you will find them. If you look for enthusiastic friends and associates who will support you, you will find them. Always look for the good and for ways to help others.
- Never make a promise without a plan. If you make a future commitment, you must understand and be willing to do whatever it takes to complete that commitment.
- Happiness, joy and gratitude are universal if we know what to look for. The greatest source of happiness is ability to be grateful at all time.