Skip to content
- You must have strong ethics. Management offers many opportunities to do bad things, but they all lead to ruin.
- You must realize that your job is to make others better, not to make the product yourself.
- You must care about your employees.
- You must think both short and long term.
- You should have strong emotional intelligence. It’s important to be able to read people.
- You should be technically competent. Even though you aren’t making the product yourself, you still need to be able to coach people, make strategic decisions and break ties.
- You should be selfless. There is a Lao Tzu saying, “When they are done, they will say, ‘We did it ourselves.’” That’s your goal.